Profile

Saturday, September 2, 2017

The World Needs More Books


The World Needs More Books.


 I papered a # 8 size tag, colored, stenciled and then stamped my books on top of the background letting it show through.  I double stamped the books for a bigger stack omitting the coffee cup that was originally on top. Using distressed crayons to color the books. And outlining them with a black marker.
Finishing by adding a (young college looking) guy from Tim Holtz paper dolls that fit perfectly on top of the stack.
Happy Creating! Tee

Supplies:
#8 Manila Tag
Pattern Paper
Distress Paints:Festive Berries-Vintage Photo-Peeled Paint-Rusty Hinge
Stencils: Numbers- Dot Fade - Splatters
Stamplorations Stamp- Good Books & Coffee
Crackle Stamp
Star Stamp
Tim Holtz- Paper Doll
Black Marker
Jet Black Ink
Distress Crayons:Mustard Seed-Twisted Citron-Pickled Raspberry
Water Brush
Glue Stick

Entering the following Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog-School or Study Related

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog-Anything Goes




DL Art September Linky-Anything Goes






5 comments:

  1. I am in love with the paper dolls and had to come see this from the sssmchallenge.

    diana @ playing
    playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This tag had me clapping my hands with glee! I'm an English major and an eternal librarian, so the book theme you chose and the sentiment you featured made me absolutely giddy! I really love the way you created a scene here with your dapper gent sitting on a stack of books. It is so clever in so many ways and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for another Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool tag! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever and fun! Awesome tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag! Love that wonderful image!! Great design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete