Profile

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Apothecary Coffin, 31 Days of Halloween 2017

It's Day 3 of the 31 Days of Halloween annual event hosted by Terra!
The Challenge as a Wicked Blogger is to post something each day in October that is Halloween/Day of The Dead themed!! I love everything Halloween, so I believe I will make it. Below this post is the blog roll for this years Wicked Bloggers!

Today I am sharing a Apothecary Coffin I put together.



When I signed up for the 31 Days of Halloween the first thing I remembered was a template printout I had for this coffin. I had made one like this several years ago, and it was pretty easy to put together. I adhered a ATC size chipboard as a base to keep it sturdy. 
I just finished this one today. I worked on it for awhile, adding something to it as I found it. I made tiny books for the shelves (my first try for those). I found the inspiration for mini books on You Tube. They were time consuming. And I really needed to take more time with them to get them just right. I did get through 6 of them. Whats a Apothecary without potion & spell books!
I put spices and salt in the bottles and adhered the cork lid. Except for one- I added chili powder and water. Not really a good idea if it was to leak or brake! Dry spices work perfect!
I adhered everything heavy with E 6000, great adhesive but it does stink... tacky glue is my go to for everything else. I guess that wraps it up. Oh I did go over the entire coffin with 2 coats of matte medium to seal, before embellishing. Hope to inspire you to make one, you will love it. 



Supplies:
Coffin Bookshelf Template Printout by Laura Carson
White Cardstock
100 lb Black Card Stock
ATC Size Chip Board Piece
Idea-ology Halloween Paper -Tim Holtz
Halloween Ephemera Pack - Tim Holtz
Skulls- Tim Holtz
Small Potion Bottles
Household Spices
Black Soot Distress Paint
Champagne Gold Watercolor
Water Brush
Twine
Tiny Handmade Books
Spider Stamp 
Black Archival Ink
Apothecary Sign Printout by Laura Carson
Spider Web Material
Halloween Embellishments
Deco Art Matte Medium
Found Objects
Tacky Glue
E 6000






Terra

Black Dragon

Susan

LeighSBDesigns

Lyneen

Stampendous Stamps

Lost Coast Designs/Carmen's Veranda

Tee  (You're Here)

Alison

Sarah

Nan

Airless Chambers

Jessica

Kat

Shell

15 comments:

  1. I just love the detailled work, it's really cool!
    X
    Diana
    My creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! LOVE all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow and wow! I love the detail in this piece and how I can look at it again and again and see something new each time. Very creepy and cool! Thanks for the inspiration. Bonnie (LeighSBDesigns DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is fantastic.
    So much detail. Love
    the bony hand and all
    of the medicines.
    Project well worth the
    effort.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's amazing. So many amazing details. Fabtastic. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing selection of Halloween icons - thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the tiny things and details of these projects! You totally made this one super fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shelves and bottles! Great details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This thing is awesome! As a non arts and crafts person, I have t say this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! So many details... little books, poison bottles, skulls and more! Love everything about it!!!! SUPERB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, spooky coffin! the whole design of this is fabulous!! LOVE it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is sooooo awesome! I love all the little bits and pieces you have on the shelves.
    I'm hoping to do an apothecary shadow box for 31 DoH. Haven't started yet, and don't think I'll be making any books for mine. Yours look FAB!

    ReplyDelete