Profile

Monday, January 24, 2022

Loose Watercoloring



A new term for me was loose water-coloring, what was it? I was intrigued and found out it was a seemly easy water coloring technique-  not to worry about going outside the lines with your water coloring.

 I saw some amazing cards made with loose watercoloring @ CAS Mix Up. And after watching different videos showing this technique that was shared on their site, I had to give it a go!

I used a heavy watercolor paper, watercolors, water pen and brush. First I stamped my floral wonder stamp with Memento tuxedo black ink. Let dry. I then added a little water inside of flower with a brush. Picking up a deep red watercolor with a water pen and adding it, fanning it dry somewhat and next adding a brighter red, letting the colors mix. 

For leaves I also used two different green watercolors. 

I also cut the floral image out to add more depth to card.

Finishing by lightly splattering the same watercolors used onto another piece of heavy watercolor paper with a water brush, letting each color dry first. Then adhered my flower and stamped sentiment.

 Was a fun project to do, and I will definitely try it again!

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are always appreciated. 💓 Tee



CAS Mix Up January- Loose Watercoloring

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Beautiful bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Tee, that floral image is stunning.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful! Love your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete