Profile

Monday, May 16, 2016

Mixed Media Butterfly Tag



 I colored a large manila tag with red brick and rusty hinge distress paints. Stamping sentiment, music notes, words and butterfly with black archival ink. A red pencil was used to color some of the butterflies wings.
 Lace piece for tags holder was colored with the red brick distress paint too. Tag was distressed with burnt umber hybrid ink, and red brick distress paint.

Playing along in the following challenges:

Take A Word Challenge-Fly

 Lost Coast Portal To Creativity Challenge-A Splash Of Neon or Bright Color


10 comments:

  1. Your tag is exquisite - so beautiful. I love the earthy colours and stamp elements and I enjoyed reading your description of the journey from beginning to end of the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful in color and vintage charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love butterflies and yours is very beautiful, great Tag!
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 17, 2016

    A lovely butterfly tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your journey of creation for this lovely tag. Wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful colors. I love the sentiment you used, to replace fear with curiosity. Perfect. Thanks for joining us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, I love your quote xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the message, and curiosity is a sort of flying, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh love the colors and images you have chosen. So beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Lost Coast Portal To Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tags are so beautiful. Very modern design, unique design. I admire them because I can not just create.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete