Profile

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Art is...

Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.

Tissue Wrapping Paper Applied With Mod Podge
 I up-cycled a 20 oz can to hold my pencils & stuff. First I applied tissue wrapping paper with Mod Podge and let that dry, and then applied another layer. I loved the texture it gave. Then I applied white acrylic paint over it. Let that dry.
 Colored over all with different Distress Paints. Did some sentiment stamping randomly, using black archival ink.
The Happy Flowers Stencil from ARTplorations was applied using texture paste mixed with some orange acrylic paint. Inspirational words were printed out and applied with glue stick to complete my altered can/pencil holder. One of my passions is to upcycle & alter!

 





And

        Stamplorations Never- ending Anything Goes Challenge

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to up-cycle a can--so functional and artsy at the same time! I do love upcycling, too, so this is very dear to my heart. Thank you for Celebrating Your Style with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very cool remake! Awesome, I need a few of these! Love the pop of red against the textured white background. Thanks so much for entering with us at Anything But Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete